Portable Handheld Clamp on ultrasonic flow meter is designed to measure the fluid velocity of liquid within a closed conduit. The transducers are a non-contacting, clamp-on type, which will provide benefits of non-fouling operation and easy installation. It is transit-time flow meter utilizes two transducers that function as both ultrasonic transmitters and receivers. The transducers are clamped on the outside of a closed pipe at a specific distance from each other. The transducers can be mounted in V-method where the sound transverses the pipe twice, or W-method where the sound transverses the pipe four times, or in Z-method where the transducers are mounted on opposite sides of the pipe and the sound crosses the pipe once. This selection of the mounting method depends on pipe and liquid characteristics. The flow meter operates by alternately transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy between the two transducers and measuring the transit time that it takes for sound to travel between the two transducers. The difference in the transit time measured is directly and exactly related to the velocity of the liquid in the pipe. It can be used for metallic, plastic and rubber tubes. Applications include Running Water, HAVC, Water Conservation, Metallurgy, Chemical Industry, Machinery, Energy.
Portable Clamp on Ultrasonic Flow Meter - HYKO200
- Cable Length: 5M (Std)
- Communications Protocol: RS485/4-20mA
- Minimum Liquid Temperature: Standard -30°C to 90°C
- Hi Temp Sensor -30°C to 160°C (Optional)
- Response Time:0~999 seconds, user configurable
- Display Type: LCD with Backlight
- Power Source: DC by Ni-HM Rechargebale Battery with 10hrs back up
- Media Type: Water, sea water, industrial sewage, acid & alkali liquid, alcohol,beer, all kinds of oils which can transmit ultrasonic single uniform liquid
- Minimum Log Interval: User configurable
- Repeatability: 0.20%
- Accuracy Value: ±1% of reading at rates >0.2 mps
- Enclosure Material: Plastic Alloys
- Measurement Units: User configured—feet, gallons, ft3, mil-gal, meters, liters, mil ft3, m3, mil-liters, acre-feet, oil barrels (42 gallon), liquor barrels (32.5 gallons), lb, kg
- IP Rating: IP 65
- Installing the flow meter does not cause the pressure loss becaseu of NO obstacle in the measuring pipe.
- Ultrasonic flow meters is not affected by pressure or conductivity of liquid.
- Excellent long term stability because NO moving parts.